Careers at Nikwax
Nikwax as an organisation
Nikwax operates within an organic team structure. The teams represent the key areas of the business and are made up of a group of people working towards achieving a set of aims. The aims have numerical targets, achievable through efficient day to day operation and the completion of longer term projects. The organisation divides up into four administrative areas co-ordinated by Commercial Management; each section is in turn divided up into teams. We have a flat rather than a hierarchical structure.
Nikwax provides a challenging environment for staff with opportunities spanning manufacturing, design, engineering, sales, marketing, service and support. Our business is growing and we constantly seek motivated individuals to join our successful teams.
Nikwax PR & Digital Marketing Executive (ref 02181)
Are you a motivated, enthusiastic communicator with excellent writing skills and a strong background in digital communications? Fed up with the commute to London or looking for new challenges? Then come and join the Nikwax team!
Nikwax is a leading manufacturer of waterproofing and aftercare products for clothing, footwear, and outdoor equipment, exporting to over 50 countries worldwide, based in Wadhurst, East Sussex.
We are looking for a Digital Communications individual to join our communications and marketing team. You will support the creation and implementation of our communications strategies in all areas of Digital Marketing and PR, including copy writing.
You will have excellent proven writing skills and be able to write for all our audiences.
A passion for the outdoors market, as well as showing a keen interest in outdoor activities is desirable but not essential.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive salary.
To apply for this position please send a CV and covering letter or email before the closing date on the 14th March 2014 to: Recruitment, Nikwax Ltd, Unit F Durgates Industrial Estate, Wadhurst, East Sussex TN5 6DF, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nikwax Supply Operations Specialist (ref 02182)
Nikwax is a leading manufacturer of waterproofing and aftercare products for clothing, footwear, and outdoor equipment and we export to over 50 countries worldwide. We require someone to manage one of our production facilities, based near Wadhurst, East Sussex.
The role of the Supply Operations Specialist will involve managing all operations within the supply area of the company, from Manufacturing to Despatch of goods. Included in the role will be a requirement to administer and oversee sales orders for our export customers.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a strong and influential character
- Be versatile, enthusiastic and positive
- Be well motivated and self starting
- Take initiative to problem solve
- Have experience in a similar management role
- Have outstanding communication skills
- Be confident in the use of all MS Office applications
- A minimum of A level qualifications
Opportunity to join a company where you can see the effects of your efforts. Work in a friendly, rapidly expanding, highly successful company in Wadhurst, East Sussex. Training and personal development encouraged. Competitive salary and benefits.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your Cover Letter & CV by no later than the 14th March 2014 to:
Unit F Durgates Industrial Estate
Wadhurst, East Sussex
Or email: email@example.com
IT Programmer and Support Technician (ref 0227)
Are you perhaps looking for an opportunity to reduce your commute to work? This role offers the opportunity to work for a local company, within a friendly atmosphere, a variety of work, and exposure to large areas of the business in terms of the systems used. The role will cover both user support through our Helpdesk for existing in house systems or reports whilst also being part of our Development team, involved in the programming of new systems.
- Developing software using ASP.NET, VB.NET and Silverlight to the agreed standards.
- Provide support assistance for in house company applications developed using a wide range of systems (MS Access, SQL, ASP/HTML, Crystal).
- Competent in using SQL 2008R2, writing stored procedures, creation of new tables and databases, triggers and jobs.
- Be responsible for bug fixes and amendments to reports as required.
- Ability to produce documentation to internal standards. Awareness of project life cycle and source control (SVN, Team Foundation, Mantis).
- You will be required to take system specifications and implement company wide systems including; design, programming, testing, rollout, training and continued support.
The type of person we are looking for should be/have:
- An attention to detail
- Self motivated
- Dynamic individual, drive, commitment and enthusiasm, passion, self-starter, ability to think strategically, positive communicator, the capacity to operate as a team player, passionate about the environment, open to listening and learning, satisfaction from seeing the success of the team and the individuals in it.
- Able to take a specification and work within the constraints of that specification.
- An understanding of the importance of a user friendly GUI.
Qualifications and experience:
- Ideally degree qualified in a relevant subject and/or holding the relevant Microsoft Technical Certifications.
- Visual Studio 2010
- Microsoft SQL Management Studios
- The ability to support MS Access databases.
- Experience in developing applications in the Windows environment.
- Good understanding of OO (Object Oriented) programming.
- Full lifecycle application development
- The ability to understand user requirements and implement technical specifications.
Additional benefits / desirables
- Knowledge of IIS 6 & 7.
- A Knowledge in SOAP and SOAP interfaces.
- An understanding of XML.
- Writing Web Services.
How to Apply:
Closing date 28th March 2014
Please apply in writing with full C.V. and covering letter to:
Unit F Durgates Industrial Estate
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org