Careers at Nikwax
Nikwax as an organisation
Nikwax operates within an organic team structure. The teams represent the key areas of the business and are made up of a group of people working towards achieving a set of aims. The aims have numerical targets, achievable through efficient day to day operation and the completion of longer term projects. The organisation divides up into four administrative areas co-ordinated by Commercial Management; each section is in turn divided up into teams. We have a flat rather than a hierarchical structure.
Nikwax provides a challenging environment for staff with opportunities spanning manufacturing, design, engineering, sales, marketing, service and support. Our business is growing and we constantly seek motivated individuals to join our successful teams.
Nikwax, a leading international manufacturer of waterproofing products for clothing, footwear and outdoor equipment, requires a Manufacturing Manager to join our busy Supply Chain team in the Kent/East Sussex borders.
As the Manufacturing Manager you will be responsible for:
- Proactively managing all of the resources, workload and work schedule for the Manufacturing team to ensure continuity of products.
- Overseeing all team processes and ensuring that projects, plans and procedures are in place to support them. You will be expected to make recommendations for changes in working conditions, measures to improve the manufacturing process and to reduce costs.
Key areas of responsibility will also include:
- Arranging the purchasing of chemicals, ensuring stock is sufficient to meet forecasts/schedules; and the collection of waste.
- Accurately recording daily and monthly manufacturing output, assembling daily production into our company systems.
- Ensuring all output meets required quality specifications.
- Complying with related legalisation and updating teams on any potential new legislation.
You will be a conscientious, numerate individual with an eye for detail, organised with good communication skills (both written and verbal); strong problem solving abilities; with the ability to be calm under pressure and to work under your own initiative.
The successful candidate should have A levels and at least a Level 3 NVQ in Management or Leadership (or equivalent qualifications).
You will be experienced in leading a team; in working in a production/manufacturing environment and in quality management.
Previous experience using accounts software would be an advantage.
- An opportunity to work within a company where you can see the effect of your efforts
- Be a part of enthusiastic, professional and dedicated teams
- Potential to grow and develop within this expanding company
- Competitive benefits and rewards
- Work within a friendly and informal environment.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your Covering Letter (clearly stating your salary expectations) and CV by no later than 11th May 2016 to:
Unit F Durgates Industrial Estate,
East Sussex TN5 6DF
Or e-mail: email@example.com.