Wash-in cleaner for down filled gear
Safely revitalises breathability and water-repellency
- It prolongs the life of gear and optimises outdoor performance
- Revitalises loft and insulation, without damaging the structure of the down
- It maintains breathability
- It maintains original water-repellency
- It’s easy to apply - can be used in a washing machine
- Suitable for use on all fabrics, including technical textiles
- It lifts out dirt that can attract water and mask water repellent finishes
- Unlike detergents, it does not leave behind water attractive residues which encourage ‘wetting-out’
- It will remove detergent residues left behind by previous washes
- WaterBased - environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non flammable, non hazardous
- Does not contain fluorocarbons
- Guaranteed performance for 4 years from manufacture
- All feather-filled / down clothing and equipment
- Place item in a washing machine
- Apply Nikwax Down Wash in the machine’s dispenser
- Select a warm wash cycle, start machine and complete rinse cycle
- Alternatively, just apply Nikwax in a simple hand wash
- Drip-dry or tumble dry on a low setting if the care label allows
- For sleeping bags immerse item(s) in hand hot water in a bowl or bath tub.
- Apply by hand, agitate and leave to soak for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rinse under running water, drain and gently press the sleeping bag to expel excess water.
- To dry, and only if care label allows, spin dry 3 times and tumble dry on a high setting until all ‘clumps’ have disappeared.
- Use clean tennis balls or trainers (that won’t melt) in a clean pillow case to help break up clumps when drying.
- This product can also be applied neat to fabrics as a stain or grease remover prior to washing.
- To clean clothing use 2 full caps (100 ml) in soft water and 3 full caps (150 ml) in hard water
- To clean sleeping bags use 3 full caps (150 ml) in water (3-4 season down sleeping bags should be professionally cleaned or proofed)
Always apply this product to used down clothing to keep items in perfect condition. We advise cleaning items with Nikwax Down Wash before proofing them with Nikwax Down Proof. You should be able to wash reproofed garments 6 to 8 times with Nikwax Down Wash before it requires reproofing with Nikwax Down Proof