Wash-in waterproofing for all horse rugs/blankets
Adds water-repellency and revives breathability
- Adds / renews water repellency and revives breathability of horse rugs
- Resists water absorption due to flex & abrasion damage
- Prolongs the life of gear and optimises performance in wet weather
- Maintains insulation, keeping your horse warm
- Treatment will reduce the growth of mildew in the rug
- Easy to apply - can be used in a washing machine or applied by hand, no tumble drying required
- Will not affect cosmetic appearance
- WaterBased - environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non flammable, non hazardous
- Does not contain fluorocarbons
- All horse rugs and blankets with breathable linings
- Recommended for use on Rambo Rugs
- Always ensure the item has been cleaned first with Nikwax Rug Wash
- Apply Nikwax Rug Proof in a hand wash either by sponge or by soaking or a more effective and thorough method is to apply this product in the washing machine on a synthetic wash cycle
- Ensure even distribution of the active ingredients penetrating throughout the fabric.
- Select a warm wash cycle
- Drip-dry or if care label allows, tumble dry on a low setting
- Always remove traces of detergent from the dispenser before treating
- Select a warm wash cycle but always check the garment care label first and follow the instructions. Drip-dry or tumble dry on a low setting if the care label allows.
- To proof in a washing machine, use a half bottle (500 ml) for 1 rug/blanket. Treat 1 per load.
- To proof by hand, use a half bottle (500 ml) for 1 rug/blanket with 1.5 litres of hand-hot water.
Always apply this product to new or used horse rugs to keep items in perfect water-repellent condition. Remember to clean gear first with Nikwax Rug Wash before applying Nikwax Rug Proof (you don’t have to wait for items to dry between cleaning and proofing).