Cleaning, Waterproofing, and UV Protecting your Tent
Why should you care for your tent?
Cleaning and waterproofing your tent will ensure that it lasts longer and performs better in the elements.
Exposure to UV rays and the elements can be devastating to your tent. Simply two weeks of UV exposure may lead to a 50% reduction in the tear strength of your tent’s fabric!
Also, over time, dirt and dust build-up will attract water to the tent fabric, making it absorb water.
What should you do?
Before your camping trip, set up your tent to check its waterproof condition. This is also the perfect time to give your tent a little extra love by cleaning it with Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarWash. Tent & Gear SolarWash not only cleans, but adds UV protection to your tent, ensuring it holds up under the sun’s shining onslaught
If you notice your tent is no longer repelling water, treat it with Tent & Gear SolarProof. Tent & Gear SolarProof provides superior waterproofing and also doubles the useful life of fabrics by protecting against UV damage.
How should you do it?
- Tents are best cleaned, waterproofed and UV protected when pitched. Never machine wash or tumble dry them!
- Place the tent in an area that will drain easily and is free of excessive dirt or dust.
Cleaning & UV Protection
- Spray Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarWash evenly over the outside of the fabric.
- Rub in well with a damp sponge or cloth, paying attention to excessively filthy areas.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Allow to dry naturally (if not applying SolarProof). Ensure it is completely dry before packing the tent away.
- Don’t forget to sweep/ shake out the inside of the tent.
Waterproofing and UV protection
- Apply the Tent & Gear SolarProof to a wet, clean tent ensuring that you pay particular attention to any seams.
- Wipe away any excess with a clean cloth.
- Allow to dry naturally
WANT TO SEE IT IN ACTION?
Then go check out THIS VIDEO!
NEED TO CLEAN OR WATERPROOF OTHER CAMPING GEAR?
Click one of the following: