Logistics & Distribution Manager
Join a friendly, employee-owned award-winning and established international outdoor business as a Logistics & Distribution Manager
Located in the picturesque, rural setting of East Sussex, Nikwax is a highly successful outdoor business that
is run by a close-knit and friendly team of employees, whom we are proud to call ‘Partners’.
Nikwax Ltd. develops care products and material systems that improve performance and extend the life of
clothing, footwear and equipment whilst minimising environmental impact with clean chemistry. We develop
and manufacture in-house, from the headquarters in Wadhurst, East Sussex. Nikwax are the only outdoor
company to have won the Queen’s Award for Sustainable Development and all operations have been carbon
balanced since the company was founded in 1977. We have an ongoing dedication to minimising our impact
on the environment and a hardworking team of people to help develop the business.
Lead the Logistics and Distribution team to Improve the efficiency and timely despatch of orders, by ensuring
systematic processes are set up and followed.
- Manage the efficient day to day running of the Logistics and Distribution team
- Ensure timely despatch of all orders following company procedure whilst ensuring customer requirements are followed
- Manage the running of the twin packing line, recording the daily output and ensuring efficiency is maintained
- Monitor transport costs, researching new carriers and reporting to the Supply Chain Manager
- Oversee all team processes and ensure that projects, plans and procedures are in place to support them.
- Communicate in a timely manner, when stock is running low to the SOP team, reporting any low or out of stock items to the Supply Chain Manager, Sales and Production teams
- Comply with all supply related identified legalisation and update teams on any potential known new legislation.
- Write reports and provide feedback on research and development work as and when required.
You Will Be
- Experienced in working in a warehouse environment and with stock management systems
- Self-confident with strong leadership skills
- Able to apply rules and legislation
- A self-starter with good people skills
- Forklift trained (preferable)
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
Due to the location of our warehouse (near Wadhurst in East Sussex) you must have your own transport.
- Competitive benefits and rewards including pension, health cash plan, profit related bonus scheme and free childcare at a local nursery
- Work in a friendly and informal environment
- Work for an employee-owned business where you can clearly see the effect of your efforts
- Work for an international company with values that you can believe in.
We are passionate and committed to being an inclusive and diverse employer, encouraging different
perspectives and experiences to make us a more innovative and creative workplace.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send us your CV & Covering Letter (clearly stating your salary requirements) by no later than 4th December 2022 to email@example.com
Candidates must be able to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
Back to top